EARTH DAY 2022 PIMMIT RUN STREAM PARK CLEANUP
This Earth Day, April 22, 2022, is more than a celebration. It is the opportunity for all of us to TAKE ACTION not just because we care about the natural world but also because we all live on it. All of us need a healthy Earth to support our jobs, livelihoods, health & survival, and happiness. A healthy planet is not an option — it is a necessity. As individuals, we have the simple yet effective power to make our voices heard through our choices, civic actions, and personal interactions. What we do and how we do it has a huge ripple effect on our ecosystems and corporate and government action pace. The Earth Day 2022 Theme is Invest In Our Planet. What Will You Do? Change starts with action, and you can begin accepting the invitation to join us for a spring cleaning on our watersheds! Let's keep trash and plastic out of our water by cleaning up Pimmit Run Stream! It is a symbol of the health of our community, and now is the time for the unstoppable courage to preserve and protect our health, our families, our livelihoods… together, we must Invest In Our Planet.
Date and time: Friday April 22, 2022, at 3:30 p.m.
Location: Intersection of Westmoreland St. and Pimmit Run Stream Park in McLean VA 22101
- Establish a connection between citizens and the waterway that runs through our community
- Help citizens see firsthand the impact of their cleanup efforts on the condition of the stream and quality of the water
- Encourage and empower citizens to participate in other activities aimed at improving water quality in their watershed
Volunteers for this family-friendly event will clean upstream banks and streamside trails. Beginning at the intersection of Westmoreland St. and Pimmit Run Stream Park in McLean VA 22101 at 3:30 p.m on April 22, 2022, volunteers will get their gloves, trash bags, and clean-up location. Sites will be easily accessible for all ages and abilities. Please, bring Rakes, Shovels, and Litter poles if you have them at home.
For Volunteer Hours:
If you are a student and want to include this for Volunteer Hours— Please make sure you look at these guidelines for working with Clean Fairfax on a Clean Up
- You MUST contact them first for further instructions. They will not sign off on hours without you contacting them in advance. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Your parents or guardian must sign off on this form if you are under 18
- You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your emergency is not their emergency; make sure you plan.
Every stream is worth keeping clean, working together to clean up and protect our local streamside habitats.
Register here and please don’t forget to sign your Waiver